It is with heavy hearts that we have decided to close Foulmouthed for the next two weeks. For the health and safety of you all and the community, this is the most prudent thing to do for everyone. Please know that your jobs will be waiting for you when we reopen.
The situation is evolving rapidly and I will be in touch with all new information as soon as I have it. I understand how important transparency is right now. In the meantime I am sending along some resources all of you should be taking advantage of.
APPLY FOR MAINECARE!
* USBG is offering emergency grant funds to bar employees (you don’t have to be a member). Apply here: https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap
* Keep an eye on the following page as it will be updated with helpful resources for service workers across the country-
* Where to apply for unemployment (NOTE: Tuesday legislature is considering emergency bills that would include waving the week waiting period. If you file AFTER that has passed you would be eligible for benefits immediately.): https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/1726
Some places are hiring! So far, I have seen:
- -Clynk ($15/hr – temp positions)
- -Martin’s Point
- -Whole Foods ($15/hr) – open walk in applications
- -Nanny – many parents are looking for childcare. Find “Portland Maine Area Community Support (Love in the time of COVIC-19)” and post. Many people are looking there.
Info about unemmployment: https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/money/how-to-file-for-unemployment-in-maine-if-your-job-has-been-affected-by-coronavirus/97-cc9d3527-46b6-486d-a08a-91a0c9fb07a5?fbclid=IwAR0tpo1HWeVeMu1sIXvg5fS-tzegdfgS_zuwlERAyVeJntDUzgRCIMYy2t8
Survey about impact from COVID-19: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf80Wdq3_vqi4CdNjkA3aCOjIx9BCrLmmRVPb62_8RH_D0JzA/viewform